Sep 21, 2020
Treehouse of Horror does frighteningly well, but Sunday ratings belong to football
Sunday night’s primetime broadcast ratings!
1. Sunday Night Football. Duh. 17.4 million total viewers.
2. And then there’s the football pregame with 17.2 million. Wait, really? That’s almost as many as the game itself.
3. Madam Secretary scored 12.4 million and an embarrassingly low demo number, as usual.
4. The Good Wife earned 10.8 million.
5. CSI snagged 8.8 million.
6. Once Upon a Time enchanted 7.9 million. (Recap here!)
7. And The Simpsons’ annual Treehouse of Horror episode scared up an excellent 7.6 million.
Also of note: At 2.3 million, FOX sitcom Mulaney lost more than half of its Family Guy lead-in audience. FOX has trimmed Mulaney’s season from 16 to 13 episodes, which is surprisingly mild of a reaction by the network given the show’s performance to date. John Mulaney’s standup is awesome, and with Martin Short and Elliot Gould in the cast, HNTP had high hopes for this show. What a painful disappointment.