Sunday belongs to the oldzzz
Sunday night primetime broadcast ratings! And it’s a ping-pong game between CBS and NBC…
1. 60 Minutes won the night with 18.3 million total viewers, and the audience was every bit as old as you think.
2. Sunday Night Football was just a few yards behind with 18.0 million, although the NFL doubled the geriatric report in the demo.
3. A huge crowd was on hand for the swearing in of Madam Secretary. The premiere of the Secretary of State drama scored 14.7 million. That’s a strong hold from 60 Minutes but a heavily non-demo audience.
4. The Sunday Night Football pregame scored 14 million.
5. The Good Wife followed with 10 million, and again, those were no spring chickens.
6. Nothing else was in the same ballpark. The Simpsons just barely edged out…
7. Family Guy with about 3.1 million each.