NCIS wins gold and silver on second official night of premiere week
Tuesday night’s primetime broadcast ratings!
1. To no one’s surprise, the season premiere of NCIS dominated the night in total viewers with 18.2 million.
2. The series premiere of NCIS: New Orleans proved to be a chip off the old block, holding on to 17.2 million of those same fans.
3. The Voice was first in the demo but came in third in overall watchers to the tune of 13.2 million.
4. Person of Interest no doubt benefited big time from its double-NCIS lead-in, ranking fourth with 10.6 million.
5. The Dancing With the Stars elimination hour scored a perfect 10.0 million. Come back tomorrow morning—and every Thursday morning—for snarky recaps of Monday and Tuesday’s DWtS performances right here on Happy Nice Time People.
6. Chicago Fire proved it can still bring the heat with 9.1 million.
7. Forever was back again for its second episode, one night after the series premiere. A mediocre 6.9 million tuned in. Come back Friday for our Forever episode 2 recap. The premiere is right here.
8. Agents of SHIELD captured 6.0 million for its return. That’s less than half of the show’s Season 1 debut around this time last year, but about equal to its series finale. The hilarious Andrew Roberts will be recapping this one for us tomorrow.
You might notice we didn’t mention a single FOX show. They all got slaughtered. It kind of too bad about New Girl (2.3 million) and The Mindy Project (2.1 million), both off about 20% from their previous season premieres. But then there’s Utopia… Slipping further down to 1.9 million this week, how much longer will FOX let this travesty continue? We’ve given up recapping the show because no one gives a damn.