Oh, LEGO Movie Trailer, God Bless You For Existing
True fact: we have not been paying attention to the semi-imminent arrival of the LEGO movie because we are not eight years old and also do not possess an eight-year-old. That was, until we saw the trailer, which is the funniest thing we have seen yet today. Let’s count the ways in which we love it:
- Will Arnett as a dickish incompetent LEGO Batman.
- Elizabeth Banks delivering the classic “Terminator” line “Come with me if you wanna not die.”
- It’s “The Matrix,” except they have to call him “the special” rather than “the one.”
- The obligatory appearance of Morgan Freeman as Wise Sage.
- LEGO Abraham Lincoln
- A song that keeps threatening to turn into A-ha’s “Take On Me.”
Please please PLEASE don’t be one of those movies where all the good things appear in the trailer, because we are ROOTING for this thing.