Neil deGrasse Tyson to Host Late Night Talk Show
Neil deGrasse Tyson is getting a late night talk show, showing that slacker Stephen Hawking what it really means to be a celebrity scientist.
National Geographic Channel—the same one that’s making a movie of Bill O’Reilly’s Killing Jesus—has picked up Tyson’s Star Talk podcast as a new weekly teevee show about science and pop culture and other decadent wastes of time. And Bill Nye the Science Guy will be dropping by every episode with a one-minute rant, a la Andy Rooney.
What else can you expect from the new show? We’ve got you covered…
From the home office at the American Museum of Natural History’s Hayden Planetarium in New York City, here are the Top Ten Things You’ll See on Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Star Talk:
10. Lies from the pit of Hell
9. Photons in the 780 to 390 nanometers frequency spectrum
8. A badass over here
7. The kind of mustache that makes Tom Selleck cry himself to sleep every night
6. A charmed quark admitting it’s just a lame knockoff of the buffy quark
5. Frederick P. Rose finally get his money’s worth
4. The Kirk vs. Picard debate settled once and for all
3. Deepak Chopra finally understanding what quantum physicist mean by an “observer”
2. Wil Wheaton, inevitably
1. Wonders that will fill your heart to bursting with awe at the intricate beauty of our shared universe followed by a Uranus joke